2016-17 Ursuline Big Green Reverse Raffle Official Rules
Unlike a typical raffle, in a Reverse Raffle the purchaser of the last ticket drawn wins the Grand Prize.
1. WINNER: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. By entering the Raffle, the individual acknowledges that he or she is aware of and is bound by all of the official raffle rules. Grand Prize Winner must agree to a photo and press release.
2. You must be 18 years or older to purchase a Big Green Reverse Raffle ticket.
3. COST: Each entry is 1 for $50.
4. DRAWINGS: All mail and phone entries must be received by 8:30 AM (EST) April 30, 2017 to be eligible for this drawing. Drawing takes place on April 30, 2017 at Ursuline Academy, 5535 Pfeiffer Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 at the conclusion of Ursuline’s 5k Run for the Lions. Winner need not be present to win. If 500 or fewer tickets are sold, Ursuline Academy reserves the right to offer split-the-pot (winner receives 50% of all raffle tickets sales) to the first place winner. We have never had to cancel a raffle and have always paid out in full to date.
5. GRAND PRIZE: ONE Grand Prize of $10,000 will be awarded Sunday, April 30, 2017 at Ursuline Academy of Cincinnati at the conclusion of the 5k Run for the Lions (approximately 9:30 am). A minimum of 500 tickets must be sold for the $10,000 to be awarded. If fewer than 500 tickets are sold, the raffle will be held as a split-the-pot.
6. A maximum of 1,500 tickets will be sold.
7. First Friday Fifty drawings will be held on December 2, 2016; January 6, 2017; February 3, 2017; March 3, 2017; and April 7, 2017.
On those days, one ticket will be drawn, at 2:00pm, and the purchaser of that ticket will win their choice of $50 cash or one (1) Big Green Reverse Raffle ticket. Once pulled, that ticket will be re-entered for inclusion in the Grand Prize pulling.
8. PRIZES: The winner must complete and sign a W9 which must be received by Ursuline Academy by May 30, 2017. If the winner fails to deliver a W-9 for withholding together with all applicable cash withholding's prior to the date set forth, such winner will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize. The winner is responsible for all state and federal taxes.
9. You need not be present to win.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: All winners will be notified via mail, email, or phone and any requisite procedures to claim the prize. If a selected winner is unable to be contacted or located after a period of 30 days from the draw date of the raffle, the prize or its cash equivalent will be deemed to have been donated to Ursuline Academy for its use. All contact attempts shall be made to the address and email address provided by the raffle ticket purchaser. All winners, by entering, authorize Ursuline Academy to publish their name and a photo on the school's promotional material.
11. TAXES AND IRS RULES: All winners shall be responsible for any and all federal, state and local income taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prizes. All cash prizes will be paid net of applicable income tax withholding. Government rules regarding withholding can change without notice. Ursuline Academy will follow the rules in effect at the time the prizes are awarded. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not charitable gifts, and therefore, the price of entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
12. We reserve the right to cancel this raffle, at any time, and return all proceeds from ticket sales to the rightful purchasers.
13. All decisions related to the conduct of the raffle will be made by the administration of Ursuline Academy, whose judgment on all matters will be final.